Spring Fever

Monday, February 1, 2010

I wish I could say lots of things about how good it is to be home, but in all honesty, I wish I could be back on my cruise for a little while longer. I did miss my kids like crazy though so I'm glad to be with them, but I think I would have preferred that they just join us on the ship. I'm thinking that having my kids on the ship would give me the incentive I need to want to be home again. Jay and I had a GREAT time though. I had originally thought to blog my whole vacation in detail, but I kind of already did that on my facebook album, so instead, I will just post a link to that: Facebook - Bahama Pictures

So, now what... my next scheduled holiday is Memorial Day. That sounds really far away. Actually, that IS really far away. And I'm getting Spring fever. If it would get warm, I'm thinking camping could be in our future. Last year we went to Lake Mead in March or April and the year before that was Zion's National Park. Once it gets warm we like to go up to the Mirror Lake area to escape the heat. We even enjoy camping at Willard Bay! But I'd love to try some new places this year. Maybe Yellowstone or something?
I feel like there's a lot of places reasonably close by that would be fun. Bear Lake, Pineview, Flaming Gorge, etc. Anybody visited some campgrounds in those areas? I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions they've either tried or heard of. Where is your favorite place to camp? Is anybody else getting desperate for some nice weather to get out and enjoy? :)

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

I am so desperate for the warm weather I hate the cold and I hate snow hehehe. Hey I didn't know you guys camp at willard bay we have always wanted to do that but just didn't really know how it was up there. We are actually going to be getting the wave runners out this year so I think we should all go stay at Willard Bay for a weekend and go boating all weekend and BBQ don't you think that would be fun.
Well it looks like you guys had a blast on your cruise.

janeal said...

Yes, that would be so much fun, count us in!!! We've been to Willard a few times and we like it mostly because it's close so we'll go there when we can only get away for one night or something. Plus, Jamison loves to play in the water. But they actually have a surprisingly nice campground. They have 2, one with hookups and one without. We've only stayed at the one without because for that short a stay, we haven't needed hookups, but if it were insanely hot or something, I'd consider the hookup one so we could run our A/C. But there's a lot of trees and shade which is nice.

Kari said...

Ummm.. hello, I know of the BEST campground you can find! It's up in the Uintas and very private (well except for my whole family who will be there too!). Our first trip up there is Memorial weekend, so from then on you have an open invitation!