Jamison's all caught up!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

One year ago, Jamison's pediatrician suggested that we take Jamison to Early Intervention because he seemed behind with both his language and receptive skills. We took him and at 18 months old, he was evaluated at about a 12 month old level. He then joined the PIP program for the Utah School For the Deaf which is a wonderful program, by the way, and as of yesterday, one year later, he was evaluated at about a 34-36 month level!!! So, he's made almost two years of progress in one year! Way to go Jamison! :)

And I think that the pregnancy is once again affecting my actions. About 3 days ago, I made Jamison some corn for dinner. It was just corn from a can, so I put the remainder of the can into a tupperware container and put it in the fridge. 2 days later, Jamison told me he wanted corn for dinner, so I went to get the corn out of the fridge and couldn't find it anywhere. I realized that Jay must have decided to take it with him for lunch or something although that seemed a little odd for him. So when Jay got home, I asked him if he knew where Jamison's corn was and he said he had no idea. I distinctly remember putting it into the tupperware container so I know I didn't accidently throw it away. We both came to the conclusion that I must have forgotten to put the container into the fridge which means that probably Kody grabbed it and took it outside. Well, this morning I opened up the cupboard to get a new tupperware container for my lunch and I immediately smelled corn. I looked and sure enough, there was Jamison's corn nicely put away in a container in the cupboard with all the rest of the tupperware. I guess I put it in the wrong place.... :)

2 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Ha ha-that is hilarious! It makes me feel better when I hear that other people do things like this too!
That is fantastic about Jamison. What a smart boy.

Mills Family said...

Oh Janeal that is so great about Jamison I am excited to hear that.
Also you are too funny, I love to hear your stories about your pregnant losing your mind moments you just crack me up!