14 Years!

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Well, this year just flew by! This is the 9th year I've faithfully blogged on our anniversary and I'm honestly kind of surprised I remembered this year. After all, it's not like remembering things is my strong suit. I'm also pretty surprised that blogs are even still a thing at all. I sort of group personal blogging with the likes of MySpace and every year I'm still surprised to see that my blog still exists and that I still have access to it.

A couple weeks ago, I came across a Facebook Quiz that I decided to test Jay with (think newlywed game style) and since I ran out of ACTUAL wedding topics, I think I'll use this as an opportunity to share his answers.

WITHOUT prompting, ask your significant other these questions and write EXACTLY what they say:
What is something I always say? "Jay???"
Jay said this in the high pitched sort of whiny pleading voice that he insists I use whenever I want something.
What makes me happy? Taking a bath
What makes me sad? Thinking about Kody
This is not because I do not like my dog. I love my dog! But Kody is 14 years old and has had some health problems so I of course worry about him all the time.
How tall am I? 5'7
Good thing this quiz did not ask him to guess my weight...
What's my favorite thing to do? Take a bath
I wish I had a hot tub!
What do I do when you're not around? Hang out at whatever party I didn't go to
Let's just say Jay is not really a party animal...
If I become famous, what will it be for? 15 minutes of fame from some video of me going viral
I'm sort of surprised this hasn't happened yet...
What makes you proud of me? You work full time and are still a great mom
He actually went into some detail on this answer which I loved! 
What is my favorite food? Cheese
What is my favorite restaurant? Some crappy Mexican restaurant - probably Lorena's
In 14 years, he STILL does not "get" Mexican food. The struggle is real.
Where is my favorite place to visit? Kauai
If I could go anywhere, where would it be? Back to Kauai
True! It was beautiful, fun and I would love to go back with the kids!  If you look back to year 12, you can see how excited I was for that trip!
How do I annoy you? Sometimes you make me take random quizzes late at night
It was like barely 10:30...  And I'm guessing I have tons of ways I annoy him! 
What is my favorite movie? Pride and Prejudice
The 5 hour Collin Firth one! I've even made Jay watch it with me!
Who is my celebrity crush? Keanu Reeves
Since Speed came out in 1994! 
You get a call and I am in trouble, who did I get into trouble with? Carrie Pankratz
I love that of all my friends, Carrie is most likely to get me into trouble.

Jay despises this kind of thing so the fact that I got him to answer ANY of these questions is about as miraculous as it would be for him to suggest Red Iguana for dinner. When I told him I was giving him a quiz, he gave me that same look he gives me when I tell him I'm going to watch The Bachelor.

In celebration of 14 years together, we spent our anniversary tonight sitting at Cottonwood High School watching Jamison swim at his meet while eating Little Caesar's pizza.  Since I personally feel like we are not old enough yet to have that be the only way we acknowledge our anniversary, I am postponing until next weekend.  This week, we have to say goodbye to a sweet friend who unexpectedly passed away leaving behind her beautiful 4 kids and husband. In honor of the realization of how quickly life can change on you, and for Maggie Pickering, who would have loved giving her husband many Facebook quizzes, I'm looking forward to celebrating our 14th anniversary with the love of my life. Happy Anniversary Jay!!! I'd marry you again any day and the only thing I'd change is having enchiladas for our wedding dinner!

14 Years Ago:


14 Days Ago:



0 comments: