13 Years!!!!!!!

Monday, January 11, 2016

Saturday we celebrated our anniversary by going out to dinner at the Melting Pot. We've done this a lot. Probably at least half of our anniversaries. It's how we spent our first anniversary and it sort of just stuck. However, this year we noticed 2 things.

1) We usually park downtown (City Creek) because we like to walk and it makes me feel better to walk 2 blocks after eating my weight in cheese and bread and chocolate. In all the years of parking and walking down to The Melting Pot, this was the first year that it was light out. Not just light, but sunny even. It was so nice to enjoy walking down Main Street in the daylight, but we couldn't figure out how it happened. Normally it's really dark (and freezing) out. We talked about how quickly the days are seeming to get longer again, realized we couldn't blame Daylight Savings, but we still couldn't figure out why this year was so different. Then it dawned on us. I'm pretty sure our dinner reservations were a full 3 hours earlier than they had been 12 years ago when we went on our first anniversary. I guess we've been getting earlier and earlier. Instead of walking down the street surrounded by college kids, we were surrounded by a much different generation. And not only was I starving at 5pm, but I was exhausted by the time we were finished.... At 8... This is probably the most proof I've had of the unsettling fact that we are getting older. I mean how many more years until we just give up and start enjoying the early bird specials?! Next year I am going to refuse to eat prior to 7pm, I just can't accept being that old yet!

2) We need new anniversary restaurants to try! As much as I love the Melting Pot, Jay has actually perfected the cheese fondue at home and really that's the reason I go. And there's probably so much out there that we haven't tried. So if anybody has any suggestions for us for next year, please let me know.
***Disclaimer: when making suggestions, please remember I do not like seafood, sushi, vegetables or most healthy things***



This year has been amazing. Although Jay officially no longer has a wedding ring. Our trip to Hawaii that I was so excited for at this time last year was perfect. It was gorgeous, we got to do lots of hiking and relaxing and eating and Kauai is really non-touristy which was great for us, especially Jay since crowds drive him crazy. However, Jay did throw his wedding ring in the ocean. Well, maybe he didn't throw it, he just lost it while we were snorkeling. Because apparently his fingers are skinnier than they were when we got married. Whatever... that must be a tough problem to have. So if anybody finds a wedding ring in the ocean next time they are in Hawaii with our wedding date engraved inside, let us know!

Happy Anniversary Jay, I love our life together!!!

0 comments: